STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, in their original writing, as fully inspired of God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of sin, which is death physically and spiritually; and that for this reason Christ came to redeem mankind and thus offer them His salvation and redemption which man receives by placing his faith in Him and His provision.
- With regard to sexual behavior, we believe in heterosexual relationships between a natural man and a natural woman within the confines of lawful matrimony. Adherence to this stated principle of sexual behavior is an inherent requirement of membership at New Creation Church.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins a substitutionary sacrifice according to the Scriptures and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus, His ascension into Heaven, and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, empowering and equipping believers for service, with the accompanying supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit; and in fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the divinely ordained ministries of the Apostle, Prophet, Teacher, Pastor and Evangelist.
- With regard to submission to authority, we believe in the principle of being in authority because you are under authority. As such, it is understood that New Creation Church membership shall be subject to submission to authority in matters pertaining to church governance, doctrine and personal behavior.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation.
- We believe that the one true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local church on earth should take its character from this concept of the Church spiritual and therefore that salvation and personal confession of Christ are essentials of church membership.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances – Baptism in water and the Lord’s Supper (Holy Communion) to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian Faith, that Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection and that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the emblems symbolic of the Savior’s broken body and shed blood, in remembrance of His sacrificial death, until He comes.
- We believe that divine healing was provided for in the Old and New Testament and is an integral part of the Gospel.
- We believe that as a result of one receiving the salvation, the righteousness and the holiness of Christ; works of faith, right and holy living are then manifested continuously and progressively in the life of the believer until the consummation of salvation.
- We believe in obeying the statement made by Jesus found in Matthew 28 verses 19-20 which is “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and the Holy spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of age.” Amen.
- We believe that all who place their trust and faith in God and His provision of Jesus Christ and His redemption; ought to live under God’s grace and not by the law of God and of the Old Covenant (i.e. ought not to live trying to earn and deserve God’s blessing and favor by their own human effort and performance but rather by trusting, depending and resting in God’s provision through Jesus Christ and His complete and finished work of redemption).
Copyright 2013 © New Creation Church